Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hymn: You are before me, Lord

This hymn words are based from Psalm 139. I love the tune as well -- for me it is a prayer to Our Lord.
Note: this work is under copyright, so cannot be taken from here and sold. Used from The Presbyterian Hymnal -- #248.

You are before me, Lord

You are before me, Lord, You are behind.
And over me You have spread out Your hand;
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
Too high to grasp, to great to understand.

Then from Your Spirit where, Lord, shall I go;
And from Your presence where, Lord, shall I fly?
If I ascend to heaven You are there,
and still are with me if in hell I lie.

If I should take my flight into the dawn,
If I should dwell on ocean's farthest shore,
Your mighty hand will rest upon me still,
And Your right hand will guard me evermore.

If I should say, "Let darkness cover me,
And I shall hide within the veil of night,"
Surely the darkness is not dark to You;
The night is as the day, the darkness light.

Search me, O God, search me and know my heart;
Try me, O God, my mind and spirit try;
Keep me from any path that gives You pain,
And lead me in the everlasting way.

No comments: