Thursday, May 3, 2007

Summer vacation

This week finishes a semester at school. All seem thankful to set behind assignments, certain people, deadlines, not having enough time, etc. The drudgery of it all is about to come to a close. Yipee! Summer vacation!

Many have asked what will I do this summer -- am I teaching any courses? Will I do traveling, they ask.

After reading someone's blog today, I did get to thinking -- just what will I do this summer? Sure, I have plans to study for an accounting exam that I will be taking. And yes, I plan to travel to see family and friends. But what is the most important item to include this summer? Will it be cleaning the house? Or finishing scrapbooks and sorting pictures into albums? Taking lots of walks or going for bike rides?

The most important thing is for me to remember what is most important. What do I hope to do each day? Although I like to think that I daily read God's Word, I noticed that I am still working on the book of Jeremiah. If I read a chapter a day, those 52 chapters would have been finished last August -- yeah, August of 2006. So where do I put my priorities? Why do I make excuses? Why do I get distracted by reading the paper or a magazine rather than focusing on life to my Spiritual Soul?

What will summer bring? May the activities be things like:
1) Finishing the book of Jeremiah
2) Volunteering my hands, feet and voice to sharing Christ's love
3) Devoting myself to prayer
4) Reading God's Word daily
5) Praising Him

Even in the midst of cleaning or sorting pictures...

No comments: