Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (I Thess. 5:16-18)

Last week I tried to come up with a list and it was actually very hard. This week, my daughter (Sarah -- In Light of the Truth) encouraged me to put something down -- just keep it simple if I want.

Does God ask any more from us than to give back to Him our thanks and praise? With that, I come to Him with these items for which I am thankful:
* Sunshine, flowers, blossoms on trees and green grass.
* Summer vacation -- the semester is completed and I do not teach summer sessions this year.
* Extended family that gives places to go for vacation. =) (We leave tomorrow for Houston.)
* Studying economics is going smoother than I had imagined. (Studying for an accounting test -- economics is included, but this area is not easy for me.)
* Feet that enable me to walk, ears to hear, and hands for touching.
* Parents that I love.
* Eli -- my grandson who reminds me of the steps in learning development.
* Children that love and serve the Lord.
* Husband that loves me. (Today is our anniversary...)
* Brothers and sisters in Christ who encourage just by being there.
* I am thankful, Lord God, for your hand that moves. Thank you for being a God that knows His people and cares for us.

Amen.

Visit Iris for more links on this Thankful Thursday.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi! You have a great list of thankfuls.

Have a blessed day!

Full of Grace said...

I think your list is wonderful, and Happy Anniversary too!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

What a great list.. A very pure list.. so many things that God gives that most of us don't think about. Hugs and Blessings..

In Light of the Truth... said...

Great list! Thanks for sharing! =)

Ms. Kathleen said...

Wow, happy anniversary! You have a great list! Wonderful!

Deena Peterson said...

You have a very wise daughter:-)

And I'm so glad you shared with us today...

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Denise said...

Such a precious thankful list, bless you.

marlise said...

I was blessed by your list. Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you shared. Sometimes it is difficult to make a thankful list, but I'm always blessed by doing it. I hope your were, too.