Friday, January 4, 2013

"I trust you Jesus"

The devotion today starts with encouragement to "learn a new habit." This spoke to me right away that the patterns I had built over my lift, might not be what is best or serve Him to the utmost. The new "habit" is trusting in Jesus. "...think about who I am in all My Power and Glory; ponder also the depth and breadth of My Love for you."

God is bigger than any turmoil, stress, joy, etc. that I face.

The author refers to this trusting in Jesus as a "simple practice"  -- the implication that we COULD blow up this new habit to being cumbersome, but the goal is simplicity in our walk with the Lord. "This simple practice [of trusting in Jesus] will help you see Me in every situation, acknowledging My sovereign control over the universe."

Scriptures for today:
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Psalm 63:2

See the Lord comes with might, and his arm rules for him; his reward is with him, and his recompense before him.  Isaiah 40:10-11

Where can I go from your spirit? Or where can I flew from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there. If I take the wings of the morning and settle at the farthest limits of the sea, even there your hand shall hold me fast. Psalm 139:7-10

Prayer: Lord be glorified. Today help me to see you throughout the day and help me to trust you no matter what I face. May the clamor of this world help me draw closer to you rather than pull me away. Amen.

Resource: Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, Thomas Nelson Publisher @2004.

No comments: