Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"Relax in My Healing Presence"

Today's devotion is entitled, "Relax in My Healing Presence." The author spoke directly to my heart with "your thoughts tend to jump ahead to today's plans and problems.... Do not skimp on our time together. Resist the clamor of tasks waiting to be done."

Oh so true. Thoughts of classes starting in 5 days and all the prep work that still needs completed for Acc 165 Online to be ready for week -- plus any weeks following that would possible before the start of the term. Videos for Acc 165 and Acc 191 Online helping direct students through the topic(s) of study or just through my expectations for the week. Acc 361 (or whatever it is) as face-2-face -- what items are covered that first week and what about....

The list could continue showing that clamor of tasks waiting to be done.

I sat back and thought of times that the clamor took over. The times that when an activity was finished, I wished I had spent more time with visiting with people rather than scurrying around in the kitchen, doing laundry, or planning meals....

One of the scriptures for today is Luke 10:39-42. I started with verse 38, Now as they were traveling along, He entered a certain village; and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home. Ah yes... Martha... I think that is my real first name, but I go by Rebecca or Becky. Although I don't fuss like Martha did that Mary isn't helping... Well, I don't think I do. But I sure wish....

But Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only a few things are necessary, really only one, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

Psalm 105:4 Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face continually. The Psalm itself declares God's moving and working for His people. The first verse gives a clue of His hand moving and working. Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples.

Although making sure the family, church, students, etc., have what they need is a good virtue I think, sometimes chilling out with the Lord presence is far more important. "Resist the clamor..."

Prayer: For today, Lord God, help me to resist the clamor and look toward you. When that clamor takes over, help me to sit back -- be a Mary. Bless my time that I work such that time does not take over. Help me be focused as needed, but not overwhelmed by all that must be done. For as I am still, I know in my soul that You are God.

Resource: Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, Thomas Nelson Publisher @2004.

No comments: