Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Psalm


Psalm 43

Show that I am right, God!
Defend me against everyone who doesn't know you; rescue me from each of those deceitful liars.
I run to you for protection.
Why have you turned me away?
Why must enemies mistreat me and make me sad?

Send your light and your truth to guide me.
let them lead me to your house on your sacred mountain.
Then I will worship at your altar because you make me joyful.
You are my God, and I will praise you.
Yes, I will praise you as I play my harp.

Why am I discouraged? Why am I restless?
I trust you! And I will praise you again because you help me, and you are my God.


I selected this Psalm today because of the last verses. It is God in whom I put my trust. It is Him to whom I turn for strength and guidance. There were times today that I really was confused to what was going on. Where was my husband? I knew that he did not go with us to church because he was not feeling well, so why was he not in the room? Why would he leave without his coat and hat -- and why did he not put on shoes? Why would he leave without his usual morning rituals?

You know, even when we are faced with something not-so-nice, God is still there with us. He does not leave us, nor does he put us into situations that are more than we can handle. Maybe... in the midst of the day (and finding my husband at the hospital with the flu) we are a light in a place we never imagined we would be. That is my prayer -- that somehow in some way, someone saw God working through me or in me. May it be His light and truth that guide me -- and that I will quickly lift my praise to Him.

At the end of an interesting day, this is my prayer:
I trust You! And I will praise you again because you help me, and you are my God.
Amen...

No comments: