Friday, February 15, 2008

Thankful Thursday


I determined to be more active with items like Thankful Thursday to help me be aware and sharing my faith on a daily basis. Also, this activity might help scatter the winter blues. So here is what I came up with as I was driving during the day -- and I start with I thank you God, Almighty, for:
  1. A warm house for shelter from the wind.
  2. A vehicle that enables me to go many places easily and safely.
  3. A job that I love, even if being observed by my boss that day.
  4. A husband who is indeed my valentine.
  5. Comfortable clothes that keep me warm.
  6. Snow that swirls around and that I have been safe when driving in it.
  7. Family and friends.
  8. Baby Girl soon to be born.
And this last one, as I prayed throughout the day, I had no idea how soon it was for her to be born. #8 should now read, "Hannah Elizabeth and the non-laborous labor to bring her into the world."

Hannah Elizabeth was born last night about 9:30 p.m. to my daughter, Sarah and her husband Kevin. Mom and Hannah are fine and doing well, and Eli slept peacefully while sister was born.

Many answered prayers related to delivery and afterwards were answered -- and I can honestly say, "God answered those prayers in a way I NEVER imagined." But praise to Him anyway, because His way is better than anything I could dream. And now we have lots of stories to tell of Hannah's entrance to the world.

And now, I am speechless. The awe and wonder of it all... Thank you, Lord, for this Thursday...

No comments: