Friday, June 22, 2007

Posts and blogs

Prior to today, the last login to my blog on myspace. com was 2 weeks ago! Although reading what others have and using my sight as a doorway to visit with others, my site appears inactive. In reality, brothers and sisters in Christ share their faith and struggles within the daily walk -- and I am encouraged. The journey starts with some simple blogs:

* Husband Encouragement Challenge unites several of us in our journey to a better relationship with our husband. Although June is coming to a close, so our official challenge ends, I suspect each of us will continue with the purpose of being a better mate. The information itself starts from writings of Nancy Leigh DeMoss found at Revive Our Hearts. A prayer now at the end of the challenge each day has indeed become my prayer: God of renewal, everywhere your Holy Spirit breathes new life into creation. As I undertake this day to bring glory to you by honoring my husband, I ask you to be present in my marriage. Guide me to know in which things I should ask forgiveness, in which things I should change, and in which things I should ask for the grace to let go. Show me new ways to respect my husband today and open my eyes to all that you have made him to be. I trust in your goodness and in the covenant my husband and I made with you and each other on our wedding day. Through Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.*

* An Identity theme has me thinking of what qualities do others see? I love the shared list of Who I am in Christ reminds me that each one of God's children is important in His sight. The root of many problems falls in our failure to accept that I am accepted, I am secure, and I am significant. Unto the Lord I left a prayer that is at the end of Identity Pt. 2 -- I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

And from the simple, I find others that touch my heart...

* It is through my son or daughter's blog that I find a link to an old friend, not old as in age, hahaha, but old as in almost 30 years I have know this guy and his wife, but I am amazed at the depth of his faith. His recent blog about the unknown touched me with the final statements, "I don't know how much time I have left, and I don't know "diddly squat" about what will happen to me and around me. What I do know is that I want every moment to count." What will I do TODAY that will make an impact -- perhaps for someone's eternity?

* Thankful Thursday with 70 people joining together in thanksgiving to God.

* Connection with others that share a role that I find difficult at times. Just knowing another preacher's wife , the struggle with issues and people within the church is not so overwhelming.

* Or the variety of blogs on myspace or blogspot connected through "friends".

I praise God that we have a common bond that gives us joy and strength. I praise God that through His mercies, we are unified in Christ!

No comments: