Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thankful Thursday



It is good to give thanks to the lord, and to sing praises to Thy name, O Most High; to declare Thy lovingkindness in the morning, and Thy faithfulness by night...I will sing for joy at the works of Thy hands. (Ps. 92:1-4 selections)

Indeed, God has been good! I am thankful for many things, but here are just a few for today:
* Summer weather with sunshine and blue skies. I love getting outside in the morning and taking walk -- without bundling up in coat, hat, gloves, scarf.... And hearing the birds sing... And seeing the bunnies...
* For a house that is nice and enables me to have a computer, pictures, Bibles and other books, a sewing machine... Although my focus is not to be on things of this earth, I appreciate having "things" that help me enjoy my time here.
* God's hand moving in Marshall's and my thoughts. A year ago I did not want to stay in Iowa. A year ago, Marshall could not think of retirement and steps in preparation. Now, I am willing to stay here (and it seems evident that God's calling to Marshall is here), and Marshall is also saving $ and looking at houses to possibly buy so we have something when we must move out of the manse. Our thoughts run more parallel -- not in different directions.
* The
Husband Encouragement Challenge revises my thinking of ways to improve my relationship with my husband. The simple tool of communication between us has us talking of things that previously I thought were off-limits and he has shared things more freely because I think I am getting better at listening.
* Two children who love the Lord and live daily for Him. That reality has been my prayer for 20 some years now -- and they both have wonderful comments or postings on their own blogs that help me in my walk with Jesus Christ. Sarah is also sharing her faith with her son -- so faith is being carried from one generation to another.
* For family and friends that help me see God working here on earth through and with us.

I praise God from whom all blessings flow!

5 comments:

Susanne said...

I loved reading your list!! Isn't it wonderful that when we take time to enjoy His creation, we feel His love through it??? Thanks so much for sharing. Blessings on you and yours, sweet sister!

Denise said...

Your thankful list is so sweet, bless you.

Crystal said...

Thanks for sharing your Thankful list with us...I am to thankful that God has provided us with a home and the things in the home that keep us safe and comfortable and able to communicate with everyone around the world!
Blessings

Robin said...

I loved your thankful list today. Your heart sounds full of happiness. Blessings on you today!

eph2810 said...

Well, I don't like the summer here in AZ, because it is just way to hot :)...but I love sunshine and blue skies :)
I think that we can have 'things' here on earth, just don't put all our energy into get them - I hope that I make sense :)
How wonderful that your children also share their faith with their kids.
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.
Be blessed today and always.